Summer registration is now closed and will reopen in September for fall classes.
Demand is very high for Build classes and we are doing everything we can to accommodate the large number of applicants. Acceptance is on a first-come first-served basis.
Classes are priced on an affordable, sliding scale based on annual household income and family size; costs range from $200 – $500.
Read testimonials from others about why they loved taking a Build class!
About Build Basics
Our core 8-week business and project planning class is designed for aspiring and established entrepreneurs. Classes are taught by local experts and cover all the basics of starting a business – from licensing to financial literacy, market research to cash flow and more. You’ll leave the class with a completed business plan, a cohort of fellow entrepreneurs in Detroit, and the knowledge and confidence to take your idea to the next level. Multiple class sessions are available. Learn more about our class curriculum & why Build Basics is right for you!
Build Basics Summer 2017 Class Schedule:
Build Basics 63: Saturdays from 10AM-3PM.
Class is held on July 8th, July 22nd, August 5th, and August 19th
Held at Build Institute – 2701 Bagley Avenue, Detroit, MI 48216
Build Basics 64: Tuesdays from 6-9PM.
Class meets weekly from July 11th through August 29th
Held at MASH – 14711 Mack Ave, Detroit, MI 48215
*The same curriculum is applied to both sessions. Class numbers are for the sake of documentation only.
Steps for Registration
You are successfully registered only when you receive the acceptance email from Build and pay your non-refundable $75 deposit.
Please follow these steps closely to ensure your application is received:
1. Fill out the application fully and completely.
2. Add email@example.com to your contact list to avoid emails being sent to spam.
3. Wait to be contacted within 7-10 business days via email by Build staff regarding acceptance, non-refundable $75 deposit information, and class cost (sliding scale $200-$500).
4. Once deposit is paid, you are in the class! You’ll receive a welcome email 1 week before class begins with more information including how to pay your remaining cost by the first day.
5. Attend the class! Come a bit early to your first class to pick up your curriculum binder and get settled in. If you have additional questions, please contact Dina at firstname.lastname@example.org.