Registration for SPRING 2018 classes is now open!
EXTENDED! Registration closes on Friday, March 23rd!
Demand is very high for Build classes and we are doing everything we can to accommodate the large number of applicants. Acceptance is on a first-come first-served basis.
Read testimonials from others about why they loved taking a Build class!
Spring 2018 Class Schedule:
Build Basics 72 with Childcare: Saturdays from 9:30AM-12:30P (APPLY HERE)
Class meets weekly from April 28 – June 16
Held at Kidz Kingdom – 18602 Fenkell Ave, Detroit, MI 48223
***Childcare is available at a cost of $160/child (+ $80 per additional child) for the duration of the 8 week class. Ages 1-12.
Build Basics 70: Saturdays from 10AM-3PM (***WAITLISTED – APPLY HERE)
Class is held on April 7, April 21, May 5, May 19
LOCATION CHANGE– Ford Resource and Engagement Center – 2826 Bagley Ave, Detroit, MI 48216
Build Impact 8: Saturdays from 10AM-3PM (APPLY HERE)
Class is held on April 14, April 28, May 12, May 19 or 26 (pending holiday schedule)
Held at FREC II @ Fisher Magnet Upper Academy – 15491 Maddelein St, Detroit, MI 48205
*The same curriculum is applied to all sessions. Class numbers are for the sake of documentation only.
How Much Does it Cost?
In a further effort to provide affordable access to resources entrepreneurs need to Start, Build, and Grow their businesses, Build Institute is excited to introduce Pay What You Can pricing for our courses!
Valued at over $1000, our Build Basics class could easily carry a very hefty price tag. However, as a nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of neighborhood entrepreneurs we make our programming as accessible as possible. Build Institute is “for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs” and we practice what we preach and we continue to innovate our model. In support of our mission and vision of inclusion and equity, we are evolving our sliding fee schedule to a “Pay What You Can” system with the hope our participants are equally dedicated to equitable entrepreneurship.
So Pay What You Can!
A payment of $200 or more covers the majority of class costs, however feel free to:
- Pay a little more and pay it forward – your generosity helps other students to take the class and allows Build to keep its programming affordable.
- Can’t pay as much as you’d like to right now? Don’t worry about it. Use what you learn in class to become a supporter to future Build graduates.
Class fee levels are currently set at $100, $200, $300, $400, and $500. Here is how your class the fee is applied and how it supports your fellow and future participants
- $100 includes the cost of the Basics curriculum binder, a comprehensive workbook full of information and resources.
- $200 includes the cost of the Basics binder and class supplies
- $300 compensates our facilitator and guest speakers
- $400 funds technical assistance and operational support
- $500 provides a scholarship for another student to take the class
- $1000 helps multiple students pursue their entrepreneurial dreams
There is a donation option on the registration payment check out page if you’d like to give a little more. You can also make a donation at anytime on our website.
Steps for Registration:
1. Click on the registration link for your class of choice and fill in your personal information. Please register as an INDIVIDUAL. Business partners will need to register and pay separately. You will be asked to create an account with Build Institute. You can log into your account at any time and update your personal information.
2. Once your information is submitted you will be taken to the class payment page. Build uses a Pay What You Can model so please choose a payment level that works for you (aka Admission level). Payments can be made via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover). If you would like to pay via check/money order or need to discuss a payment plan please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (313) 265-3590.
3. Once your application has been processed you will receive an email confirming your class details within 7-10 business days. Add email@example.com to your contact list to avoid emails being marked as spam.