Registration for WINTER 2018 classes is now CLOSED. Registration for SPRING 2018 classes will open in March!
Demand is very high for Build classes and we are doing everything we can to accommodate the large number of applicants. Acceptance is on a first-come first-served basis.
Classes are priced on an affordable, sliding scale based on annual household income and family size; costs range from $200 – $500.
Read testimonials from others about why they loved taking a Build class!
About Build Basics:
Our core 8-week business and project planning class is designed for aspiring and established entrepreneurs. Classes are taught by local experts and cover all the basics of starting a business – from licensing to financial literacy, market research to cash flow and more. You’ll leave the class with a drafted business plan, a cohort of fellow entrepreneurs in Detroit, and the knowledge and confidence to take your idea to the next level. Multiple class sessions are available. Learn more about our class curriculum & why Build Basics is right for you!
Build Basics Winter 2018 Class Schedule:
Build Basics 68: Saturdays from 10AM-3PM (CLOSED)
Class is held on January 6, January 20, February 3, February 17.
Held at Build Institute – 2701 Bagley Avenue, Detroit, MI 48216
Build Basics 69 Sponsored by Ponyride: Wednesdays from 6PM-9PM (CLOSED)
Class is held on January 10 through February 28.
Held at Ponyride – 1401 Vermont St, Detroit, MI 48216
Need to update your profile? Log in to the Registration Portal here: https://www.z2systems.com/np/clients/buildinstitute/login.jsp
*The same curriculum is applied to all sessions. Class numbers are for the sake of documentation only.
Steps for Registration
You are successfully registered only when you receive the acceptance email from Build and pay your non-refundable $75 deposit.
Please be advised that we have a new registration portal!
1. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to avoid emails being sent to your spam folder.
2. Click on the registration link for your class of choice and fill in your personal information (please register as an INDIVIDUAL). You will be asked to create an account with Build Institute. You can log into your account at any time and update your personal information.
3. Once your information is submitted you will be taken to the deposit payment page. A non-refundable deposit of $75 is required to complete your application and register for class. Payments can be made via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover). If you would like to pay your deposit via check or money order please contact us at email@example.com or (313) 265-3590.
4. Once your application has been processed and accepted you will receive an offer email with your class fee amount within 7-10 business days. Classes are priced on an affordable, sliding scale based on annual household income and family size. Costs range from $200 – $500. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to avoid emails being marked as spam.
5. You will receive an invoice via Paypal for your remaining class fee balance (You do not need to have a Paypal account to submit payment). The entirety of your class fee must be paid before classes start. Please get in contact if you have any questions or concerns. We do offer payment plans and you are welcome to request one.