Class registration is currently open until Tuesday, December 13.
This Winter, we are also partnering with Kidz Kingdom to offer a session that includes childcare for busy parents! More information below.
Demand is very high for Build classes and we are doing everything we can to accommodate the large number of applicants. Acceptance is on a first-come first-served basis.
Classes are priced on an affordable, sliding scale based on annual household income and family size; costs range from $200 – $500.
Read testimonials from others about why they loved taking a Build class!
About Build Basics
Our core 8-week business and project planning class is designed for aspiring and established entrepreneurs. Classes are taught by local experts and cover all the basics of starting a business – from licensing to financial literacy, market research to cash flow and more. You’ll leave the class with a completed business plan, a cohort of fellow entrepreneurs in Detroit, and the knowledge and confidence to take your idea to the next level. Multiple class sessions are available. Learn more about our class curriculum & why Build Basics is right for you!
Build Basics Winter 2017 Class Schedule
Build Basics 57: Saturdays from 10AM-3PM
Class is held on January 14, January 28, February 11, & February 25 / Apply Here
Held at Build Institute – 2701 Bagley Avenue, Detroit, MI 48216
Build Basics 58: Tuesdays from 6-9PM
Class meets weekly from January 10 through February 28 / Apply Here
Held at Detroit Branch NAACP – 8220 2nd Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202
Build Basics 59: Thursdays from 6-9PM
Class meets weekly from January 11 through March 3 / Apply Here
Held at MASH Detroit – 14711 Mack Avenue, Detroit, MI 48215
Build Basics 60 with Childcare: Mondays from 5:30-8:30PM
Class meets weekly from January 9 through February 27 / Apply Here
Held at Kidz Kingdom – 18602 Fenkell, Detroit, MI 48223
* Children aged toddler-12 years are welcome for supervised play at this open play & party center (not certified childcare). Lap babies are welcome but must stay with their parent during class.
Do you have a business idea or a few, but feel unclear of the full vision? The Co.Starters nine-week business development program will help you focus on your ideas and prepare you to bring them to life visually through a business model canvas plan. Throughout this business model discovery process, participants identify and test, and gain feedback all while gaining tools and a framework to make your now clear vision a reality. Learn more about our class curriculum & why Co.Starters is right for you!
Co.Starters registration is currently closed.
Steps for Registration
You are successfully registered only when you receive the acceptance email from Build and pay your non-refundable $50 deposit.
Please follow these steps closely to ensure your application is received:
1. Fill out the application fully and completely.
2. Add email@example.com to your contact list to avoid emails being sent to spam.
3. Wait to be contacted within 7-10 business days via email by Build staff regarding acceptance, non-refundable $50 deposit information, and class cost (sliding scale $200-$500).
4. Once deposit is paid, you are in the class! You’ll receive a welcome email 1 week before class begins with more information including how to pay your remaining cost by the first day.
5. Attend the class! Come a bit early to your first class to pick up your curriculum binder and get settled in. If you have additional questions, please contact Yolanda, the Registration Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.